I mean you really cannot get immersed in a static world with no sense of distance, activity or time. I took a short rest in the druid camp and couldn't help but notice how literally nothing changed. The light in the sky never moved, the NPC's never changed to the point they were still in the same line of dialogue, I simply gained hitpoints, soooo meh.

The game is simply stuff plonked on a static map waiting for you to interact with it. Nothing moves around the map, no random animals, NPC encounters, weather or time. The goblins are supposed to be searching for a camp but never do anything. You can sleep a month of days and the goblins in camp are still celebrating the same day. No sense of urgency, danger or consequence for anything other than static interactions.

The underdark feels a bit better as you don't get a sense of time underground. However the NPC's still just hang about even though they are supposed to be "doing stuff".

There is a game made by Larian that has this exact inorganic feel about it, I just can't think of the name.