Look. When the creators of a fictional setting establish something, it may be fictional, but it is no less established.

Take a different piece of FR lore brought to my attention today. Red Wizards of Thay. They are strictly humans of Mulan descent. It is illegal to take a non-human apprentice.

So, a high elf apprentice of Thay breaches established lore.

So, FR lore has been established. Shar has been a major goddess hated by many for centuries. Her symbol is a big black circle. Then to top it off, Larian establishes in the game what their armor looks like and even says in the mural scene that you recognize Shar's symbol on the armor.

So, her armor and symbol are at the very least common enough in the established lore of the game that no cleric of secrecy should be strolling around in it unless she's really not trying to keep it a secret. I can totally understand if SH was just like, "Hi. I serve Shar.". But she wears the armor and then everyone is like, "What? You serve Shar?". And she acts like it's some huge secret.

Again, if you're trying to hide your religion, you don't wear your religious symbol on your chest and forehead just in case someone recognizes it. Period. It's just stupidity to do so especially if your religion is hated by many.