Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Endlessdescent
They advertised one thing, delivered another, and whether or not it is good is beyond the point.
The funny part is that you see youreself as completely inocent in your example ... all their fault huh?

Actualy its like they Advertised something, you EXPECTED another, and then they delivered ...
Something that meets their advertising in their eyes, but not your expectations ...

No given promise was broken and you could theoreticaly know better what to expect if you were listen to their (and not just their) advertising more closely ... but you were like "yay pizza, lets get there" and then completely ignored what ingredients will be used. Funny enough, for last year there are terabites of content all over internet where people are complaining that salami was too dry, tomatoes too fade, or paste too thin (or thick, matter of prefferences) ... yet you refuse to listen to all those, since "yay pizza, me hungry" ... and now you are complaining that pizza you got dont meet your expectations ...
Question here: Is that really fair to blame the food for that? O_o

When the message one is trying to convey is being (widely) misinterpreted, blaming the receiver is generally a bad idea. It more likely means that the communication could have been handled better on the sender's side.
You are obviously very much in tune with the company and I have no doubt you are having the experience you expected from their claims, but it's also undeniable that many of us feel that our expectations have been somehow betrayed. I wish I had had your clarity, I wouldn't have bought the game.

I agree with pretty much everything that the OP said, this game does not feel like D&D for reasons that go beyond homebrew rules and game mechanics.

I see how such over the top characters could appeal to some people. Personally I find they cost the story and the immersion much more value than they add. I feel I wouldn't enjoy having Mr. Swen at my table, either as a player or DM.