Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by The Composer
It's equally wrong and unproductive of those on the other side of the fence, wanting certain changes or ideas through, to actively try to shut down or devalue any input or criticism to said criticism that attempts to offer a different viewpoint. I've had reports on posts in this thread, that I've explicitly waited with moderating, because I view those reports as "This is bad man disagreeing with me, must punish". Discussions like these get very tribal and defensive because of opposition, or "Haters VS Larian Shills", where either side describes itself as a more flattering descriptor of "Being realistic" or "genuine criticism" - Where from my PoV, everyone has moments of failure when it comes to productive conversation. I see some people holds their point of view to be more valuable because of being criticism (and getting defensive if ever not fully agreed with by a respondent) and that's bad. None of you individually has more right to an opinion, than anyone else. Yet I see people indirectly imply this through disagreeing and trying to essentially say "This is criticism, you're not allowed to disagree with my criticism so go away."

You're all walking down the path of unproductive conversation, and if you ever find yourself in a position of wanting to silence someone just because you disagree: Stop. This is not a tribal war.

I don't want anyone to be silenced, and I'm certainly not asking for anyone to be silenced.

I just want Larian to know that there's an opposing viewpoint. In other words, if I didn't say "I disagree" and no one says "I disagree" then Larian might think everyone agrees because all the dissenting opinions are quiet or have been quieted.

It's just sad that you don't explain your "dissenting" opinion to.people that try to understand it.

Whatever may The Composer think, I was really interrested and never tried to devalue your opinion even if we disagree on the thread title and on your affirmations.

My assumptions were based on the only arguments and affirmations we read on this forum when we had those discussions but if your opinion is that a game with (i.e) magic missile, D20 and mindflayer feel like "a BG game", that's fine.

Mine is different especially because some games that does not have those things are more or less unanimously considered as "BG-like" (and some that have them aren't).
But an opinion is an opinion, I'd just like to understand yours.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 18/11/21 07:09 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus