For me the "BG feeling" is also being able to build a party that shares alignment, works well together and generally gets along. BG1&2 have a large selection of companions so you can always build a group you like.

Because of the origin focus, BG3 might only have 8 companions. How many are you even going to like out of them?

We have the evil companions in EA with the good ones mostly missing. So, what if you like to play a good-aligned party like most players do? What can we even expect? Are we going to be stuck bringing Minsc and the halfling or gnome bard every time? And the annoying cocky Wizard with his ludicrous stories? I never liked Minsc because he seems more like a liability with his mental handicap, and I don't like Dragonborn, Tieflings, Halflings or Gnomes as PC's. I'm a fan of a more classic human/elf/dwarf party composition. It's simply easier to relate to those races. I have nothing against Halflings or Gnomes but that's like bringing children to battle. I liked Gale at first but the Mystra story kind of ruined his credibility and then the overconfidence also became annoying.

My most used BG1 party has been Jaheira, Ajantis, Branwen, Dynaheir and Coran. (Who all seem like real adventurers somehow compared to the epic menagerie in BG3. I miss ordinary believable heroes. The BG3 cast just makes my eyes roll. Even the amazing voice acting doesn't help when everyone's story is so ridiculous.)

So.. if you want to play a neutral / good aligned party of humans, elves and dwarves, or a more down to earth party in general, BG3 simply won't deliver???

Last edited by 1varangian; 18/11/21 09:43 PM.