Originally Posted by 1varangian
Now that I think of BG1, the difference between a level 1 PC fleeing Candlekeep and a level 9 PC about to confront Sarevok in the hidden underground temple is immense. You feel you've come a long way. Power-wise, but also emotionally. You've survived assassination attempts, learned the truth, made friends, and no fight ever came easy by just pushing someone into a pit or spamming surprise void bulbs and AoE's. Every step of the way, the story has been personal for you. You are in the center of it all, not your amazing cast of companions.

The difference between a level 1 party cheesing Cambions on a spaceship in Hell, and a level 4 party clubbing an Adamantine Golem to death.. no difference. And won't be any different killing an Elder Brain at level 9 or whatever god avatars we will be shoving from platforms by then. Probably your companions will steal the show and you'll play the role of silent witness to their awesomeness.

I really hope Larian can take some pointers in building a more dynamic and immersive world. Or maybe it's the theme park maps. Probably a combination of everything. I don't even know anymore. I'm just not immersed in BG3 and it sucks because I need that D&D fix.
It's like we have the same brain or something. smile smile smile