Originally Posted by GM4Him
Let's just take a step back.

BG1. Plot point = You're a demigod, child of murder. Embrace it of resist. Your choice. Fight others with said heritage.
BG2. Plot point = You're a demigod, child of murder. Others want to steal it. Fight for your life or die. Claim your father's heritage and become a god or reject it. Fight others with said heritage. Your choice.
BG3. Plot point = You're infected by a godlike mind flayer parasite that will likely turn you into a god. Others want to claim the power for themselves. You have a choice. Resist or claim your new godlike powers. Fight others with said heritage.

Ok, ok, ok, ok... Let's just take a step back !

BG1 : You're a freacking random dude but one day your adoptive daddy told you that you have to leave your home cause... just he told you to follow.
The night you leave, damn he is killed by some random powerfull dudes and you have no other choice than run away.
You investigate to understand what's happened... or you jsut leave yoru life for a long time until you decide to visit some mines...
You discover a conspiracy to trigger war.
You investigate, investigate, investigate and investigate.
FINALLY you understand than the guy who killed your dady wanted to kill you and was the mastermind of all the plots.
You discover you was from the same temple, linked by a terrible fate.
You discover the god thing, blablabla.
You kill him in order to survive and/or to take his place.

BG2 : You awake in a prison. Your mates are imprisonned or killed.
You discover a sorcerer just stole your soul, damn !
You chase him. He kidnapped your childhood friend !
You discover she was also a god child !
You struggle against your own god nature trying to take the control.
You follow the sorcerer on earth and underground.
You fight and/or allied with his sister.
You discover the bad guy want to become a god
You follow him over his thirst for vengeance
You fight him in order to take your soul back

BG ToB : You discover some powerfull god child have decided to kill all the other to take all the god power
You put all the god kids in a castle and they get wrecked
You chase them one by one to survive and/or take all the power.
You discover the nice girl wasn't a so nice girl.
You fight her in order to survive and end this god thing for good !

BG3 : you have a thing in your mind, it can give you superpower but be carefull it could have "effect".
So it's a tadpole linked to the mindflayer and some big big big conspiracy (big ship in the sky, dragons, etc) you are going to wrecked by any means necessary cause.... plot armor. and I knew all of this after... like.... 30mn of playing BG3.
I'm sorry but, I really didn't feel interested by "who's the bad guy" because I think this "tadpole thing" is a cheap and crappy way to give epicness to a basic story (you know it's cheap when it is used to help the maincharacter to survive deathly moment... many times).
Like... O god.. headache, I'm so scared.... I might die if I used it to much or loose my mind forever !!! LeL. Wait. I feel like... it won't happened cause... plot armor.

The problem is all the plot is understandable after 3mn of game.

Btw, I played all the early the first month he was released.
So let's see what I remembered

BG3 : I fight gobelins, I fight people here and there. I saw a dragon. I visit a forest. I visit underground. I got some headaches. I did dumb fights...
Mmm... Sorry but I'm still looking for an interesting story... Wait! I got one ! Oh, no... sorry... It's just Gale trying to eat my staff while Astarian is trying to bang me while Shadowheart play tsundere and Laezel play yandere.
Damn.. my companions would fuck trees if they had holes...
I feel like it's gonna be a long long long journey...

yep I'm a little disappointed.