Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
  • The shove-distance should be 1.5m (5ft). Or perhaps depend on the Strength of the shover.
  • It should be possible to Shove-to-prone, in addition to Shove-push.
  • When a character is able to make multiple attacks with their Attack action, they should be able to replace one of them by a Shove.
Love the new Shovemaster fighter subclass laugh
In all seriousness tho; Scaling shove-length with STR is a good suggestion, so much so im surprised it doesnt work like that already. I think now its only shove chance?
STR is often a undervalued stat imo, would add more value to it.

Originally Posted by mrfuji3
+1 For all those people who love shoving enemies, at level 5 currently your fighter/paladin/barbarian/ranger will still only be able to shove once per turn. However, if shove is modified to match RAW (replace an attack with a shove) then you'll be able to shove twice per turn!

If your fighter Action Surges, then they could shove 4x in a single turn at level 5!
If you get hasted, then you'll get another shove attempt! (Possibly 2 more depending on how Larian implements the interaction between Haste and Extra Attack)
At level 11, your fighter could shove 3x per turn, 6x if action surged, 7-9x if Hasted!

None of the above happens with a bonus action shove. It will always be only once per turn, except for I suppose rogues maybe with their additional BA...?

This is a good point. I think currently there is too few bonus actions in general for a lot of classes, so I agree its better as a bonus action. That way you avoid excessive shove attempts. And thief rogues dont usually have high STR so they might need an extra attempt anyway.

Also, by shoving people into lava and such you often dont get their loot. Its not all sunshine and rainbows.

Last edited by Niathlak; 25/11/21 06:28 PM.