Originally Posted by GM4Him
Think of it like a restaurant and you're at the restaurant with 3 others. The restaurant hands you a menu, and there are two pages of entrees to choose from. There's maybe a dozen total things to choose from, including sides.

Now imagine a restaurant with 5 pages of menu items. So many more entrees to choose from. Now there's maybe 24 to thirty total things to choose from.

Have you ever been out to eat with others at a restaurant with a ton of choices? There is always someone who cant figure out what they want. Narrow the choices, speed up the selection process. Too broad a menu, and you're likely going to have the waiter/waitress come back multiple times asking if you're ready to order yet.

Oh, do I have a pet peeve with this analogy. I mean, I understand it's an example for what you're trying to explain but since we love immersion and realism, lets give a realistic version of the scenario mentioned above: (Only read if you're interested in a completely off-topic rant)

The waiter gives your company the menu and no matter its size, at least one person will immediately lay the menu face down on the table and ask the waiter what dishes there is to choose from. After the waiter, with a forced smile, has patiently listed every single dish the restaurant has, including a short description of the ingredients used in those, the customer will ask if there are any recommendations. The waiter will inquire if the customer has any preference when it comes to protein source and based on that and knowing which ingredients the kitchen wants to use up that day give a couple of suggestions.
The customer will disregard those completely and ask if there isn't something not on the menu or if the chef just simply can't throw something together quick since the customer really wanted sushi but the rest of the company chose an Italian restaurant, but "yeah, I can see here that you have fish, rice and veggies...how hard can it be?". The waiter, still with a forced smile, will stand there dumbfounded, thinking the customer is a bloody idiot and also, as he do every day, regret dropping out of university before he got his bachelor. He will nod towards the customer, say that he will ask the chef, collect the menu's and take orders from the rest of the company. Go to the till, put in the orders, not ask the chef, and then take a smoke before returning to the customer saying, "sorry".

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 01/12/21 08:29 PM.