Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
Even if i agree to certain little things to a degree, after reading this, you are on my list of people i do never, ever want to play with. Even thinking of hurting other people because some of their behavior does not suit your playstyle puts you in some dark corner of humanity.

It's really hard not write more without typing something i would regret, maybe. But this had to be said.

I was kidding obviously. The truth is we all have a lot of fun and joke around constantly. The solution we have come up with is to put together a separate discord server for us and for people who have a good sense of humor, good teamwork, and respect for those around them.

In a small group a single person can ruin the fun quickly.

Example, we started playing a game the other day and someone - without being prompted - went off about how LGBT people had a disease and so on. Came out of nowhere, we ended the run.

I have edited the original post so as not to cause you further emotional upset.

That you were kidding was clearly not obvious. And, sorry to say, your original post was a far shot from beeing respectful. You are issueing orders on how to play with you on an open forum. This was not phrased as an opinion nor as a suggetion to things maybe better avoided when playing with strangers.

You even used red tint and CAPS to emphasize that.

A lot of those things should be mentioned to said players personally and in your game (respectfully ofc), not on an official suggestion forum for the game. Why i think that?

Here is the answer: Have you ever even thought about the fact that there maybe people out here who actually like some of that behavior? Who like to play in groups that do exactly what you do not?

All in all in my opinion, if you wanted to make a post about how to play together better, your wording was not well chosen.

Only thing that i read out of that was a post from someone who wanted to tell the community how annoyed he was that people joined his games were not behaving like he wanted them to be. So he had to tell everyone how to do it right. See something? wink

(the electroshock "joke" was just a topping)

Again, this all comes from experience. I've never met anyone who enjoys being in a discord with that sort of thing, except the person actually doing it - but again i don't think they are aware, nor can they be made aware of the problem.

Also I don't think compulsive behavior can be 'enjoyed' - I was a Raid leader in Vanilla WoW long enough to see how little people enjoyed being subject to compulsive needs.

I have gotten enough complaints from other players - who are the majority here - about not wanting to group with certain people and it always comes down to one of the items on this list.

I do have to ask, do you even play multiplayer? I just get the sense that you are speaking from idealism and not actual pragmatic experience.

Or maybe you are one of the people that does this and you have found yourself unwelcome in groups - and after a long conversation with yourself - decided it was everyone else's problem.
laugh

Or, benefit of the doubt, you think there is a roleplay aspect to this that we are not appreciating. I can assure you that is not the case.

After reading this, i don't think you even understand what i am trying to say. Or you do not want to because you only see your aspect, which would again make it a topic for your multiplayer group, not one for a feedback and suggestion forum for the game. You make assumtions on my motives and expierience evne though you
mask by putting it in a question. Nice one. You are talking about compulsive needs of others and fail to see your own it seems.

You are entitled to your own preferences, as is everyone else. So play with the people you like to play with and don't put up rules for others on how to play the game or behave while playing it. You can do that in your personal space as i mentioned a few times before. Or try to use better wording and phrasing. Even then
it is not the right place for this post. If you had written this in "general" or "off-topic" i would not even have replied.

Obviously this "discussion" is going nowhere, so i go with Ragna and stop caring, guess thats for the best.