Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Scales & Fangs
There are some things that play in your favor

1. You have slaughtered some goblins. It could be a ruse, of course but the tieflings are also desperate

2. You are not a full blown drow party.

3. Kagha actually does not mind the drows as long as they act as her mercenary...
Im aware ...
Those are good arguments for letting you in or allowing you to trade ... it may even explain Zevlors attempt to ask you for a help.

But how about the others?

That short haired elf druid is willing to tell you that she is sending birds to search for Halsin (that roll should be done with story disadvantage bcs you are drow imho).
Rath asking you for help ...
Those 3 arguing Tieflings allway listens to your wisdom no matter wich one you support ... instead something like: "Are we as low as a Drow now? I say we must stay and help!"
The Tiefling parents hopes you help them save their child ... and they have no way to know so soon that you were helping at gate.
Or Alfira telling you her "hearthmelting" tale? What does she expect from you? To cry? My Drow would laugh if Larian would dare to allow me.
Or that small Tiefling vendor/thief duo ... would they even dare?

I'm ok with the way this is handled. If they forced a Drow PC to pass a lot of checks, it could force you to play another path, instead of leaving this path open, and I'd rather have this than be shoehorned into playing the other path. As far as "no way to know what happened at the gate", news travels fast in a closed community, and this is very definitely that. It's not like we see everyone involved at the gate, and know where they go after we get let in. It's not like we're the stereotypical Drow after all, we are running around on the surface, during the day.