Originally Posted by robertthebard
I'm ok with the way this is handled.
I would say its barely tolerable ...
But that is the most positive description i would give it. laugh

If they forced a Drow PC to pass a lot of checks, it could force you to play another path, instead of leaving this path open, and I'd rather have this than be shoehorned into playing the other path.
Not necesarily ...
As i said, i would just like some differences in their reactions.

Specific exmples:

- If you suggest those arguing Tieflings (Lia, Roland and Cal) as some "regular race" ... that they should leave and dont give a f*ck about refugees ... they would listen to you.
UNLESS you are Drow (and you suggest them to leave) ... that would be argument for that Girl (Lia) to do exact oposite you suggested, bcs they certainly dont want to be the same selfish assholes as "a Drow". laugh

- Those two kids (Mattis and i dunno, Silfi i gues but the link does not work)
Should in my opinion certainly not even try to steal from Drow, Duergar or Half-Orc ... the reason is simple, they would be too affraid of them.

- Arabella parents (Marricko and Locke)
Should certainly not expect you to care about safety of their child ...
And they should not asking you for help right away ... only when offered they should take it, since they indeed are desperate.
Of course if you fail to save the girl and you tell them, they should be quite furious about you, since they "never should have thrusted a Drow in the first place".

- Guarding druid (Jeorna)
Should just say that she would never allow such filth as you are to enter this sacred ground ... and she should be acting much more hostile, until she is told that Kagha wanted to speak with us.

- The old cook (Okta)
Should in my opinion offer to SELL you a bowl of anything she was cooking for some symbolic price ... like 1g ... just dont give you freely.
And you on the other hand should certainly have option to [Persuate] or [Intimidate] her to threat you with respect you (as a hero from the gate) deserve. :P

- Kids training Tiefling (Asharak, link isnt working sadly)
Should never in my opinion ask you to raise spirits for the kids ... you are something like a boogeyman for them after all. :-/
Instead he should ask you to leave, since you are frightening them.

- The training Tiefling (Guex)
Should try to avoid interaction with you for the very same reason. laugh
Unless you litteraly ask him to tell you what is his problem.

And last but certainly not least:
- Alfira the ba ... the singi ... well, that blue/purple Tiefling on the cliff.
Should certainly not be telling you tail of her master playing the lute and sing while they were attacked ...
And if so, your Drow should certainly have option to laugh at her instead of offering comfort ... and then she should say that she should have never expect any different from *your kind*.

Of course all those things should be bypassable, by using discuise self ...
Or by saving both Tiefling childern first (both Arabella and Mirkon). smile

See?
Almost none dicerolls included and completely different experience. smile
Thats what im talking about. wink

When i play evil race, i want the world to react on me being evil race ...
The same if i create a Gnome in full game (especialy if Deep Gnome) ... and Duergars in the Underdark will not try to enslave me on sight (with possibility to do some HARD persuation check, or use a Tadpole) ... i shall be incredibly dissapointed. frown

As far as "no way to know what happened at the gate", news travels fast in a closed community, and this is very definitely that.
Yeah ...
The problem here is that they have much more important stuff to deal with (arested kid) ... so i kinda doubt they would even care about what happened at gate, unless it specificaly involves them.

It's not like we see everyone involved at the gate, and know where they go after we get let in.
Actualy we do. laugh

It's not like we're the stereotypical Drow after all, we are running around on the surface, during the day.
Well, this still may (even tho i admit that chances are quite low) be a placeholder ...

But yes, this one is true ... Drow usualy dont come out at sunlight, but there still is decades (maybe even milenia laugh ) of many other, much more disturbing rumors of our race ... i would certainly not cast them all out just bcs i meet a Drow during the day. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown