Originally Posted by Grainofariver
Just gonna throw in my (probably unpopular) opinion and say I've always preferred parties of 4. Whenever there's more, it almost always means more time in menus managing things. If people presently dislike managing four separate inventories, then managing six is just going to be that much more of a pain (and I'm not a fan of a shared inventory either). I thought Solasta played well with 4, I thought Divinity played well with 4. I feel like Pathfinder and the old IE games get a big bogged down with 6. Even if I look at JRPGs, I felt the 5-man party of FF4 was tedious to manage. By contrast, the 3 man parties of FF7 and 8 were too limiting. For me, 4 is the magic number, offering decent strategic variation while not being too tedious to manage.

Anyway, just offering my own view for whatever it's worth. If there's a mod that lets you enjoy the game, I think that's a great thing too!

Mods are not ideal. I understand what you're saying. We're just looking for an option for party of 6 with true 5e stats so it isn't so easy. Right now, with party of 4, they have to nerf monsters to make it work.

And, I could just be biased, but I actually found it easier to manage items with six people because I didn't have to worry as much about encumbrance. I could pick up all sorts of things and as soon as one person gets weighed down I just start having somebody else be the one who picks things up. By the time I get through six people I'm at a merchant. Then it's just a matter of double clicking on everything to put it in the sell cue.

So that's what I don't understand about that kind of thing. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to criticize your opinion or anything. That's your point of view and I respect that. I'm just saying, for me, it actually seems easier with a bigger party to manage items better because I'm not playing the encumbrance shifting items constantly around game.

But I get that some people just want a party of four. That's great. I just want them to give us the option for a party of six so that those of us who really enjoy party of six can do so.

Last edited by GM4Him; 21/12/21 01:58 PM.