Yeesh, can you imagine if animals recognized emotions in other animals and thought for one second that they didn't want to eat each other because it made them feel bad? Every naturally developed carnivore would die out and we'd have way too many herbivores. I don't think plants would be able to outgrow the herbivore population. If you want to bring inter-species relations to a humanitarian point by projecting a strictly human perspective, that's pretty speciesist of you. If you want to apply moral and ethical dilemmas to differently adapted species, you'd have to draw the very human idea that intelligence guides actions. Of course, if you boil all intelligence driven actions down to 9 blocks of alignment and calculate an individual's EXACT alignment via a history of actions barring any obfuscation, I'm pretty sure you'd already know why the beings in this world act the way they do. People may not be born racist or speciesist, but I'd be shocked if a hungry tiger decided not to eat an abandoned calf, just as I'd be shocked if trauma responses don't incite fear within communities. A self-perpetuating cycle when fathomed that WILL NEVER cease to exist in some form, similar to how all intelligence driven actions are boiled down into 9 blocks of alignment.