Originally Posted by Muldeh
I don't see why people keep rbinging up EK. The best spells for EK don't get any benefit from intelligence. Shield and absorb elements for level 1. They don't exist in bg3 yet which makes EK a useless subclass. You're always better off using an attack instead of a spell for damage as an EK. Except if you really need to hit.. then you have magic missile which also doesn't care about your intelligence..

Even for wizards, thanks to the sapphire spark you don't really need intelligence in this game. MM is your best damage spell easily at level 1, then for level 2 spells you have Cloud of Daggers.. which does about the same amount of damage as the buffed MM but in an aoe instead of single target. So you're better off giving your wizard high dex and con, giving them a light crossbow to use instead of cantrip when they're out of spell slots, and just use the spells I mentioned above. - Also healing word and aid once you get the scrolls for them sicne you can cast cleric spells as a wizard in this game..

The main reason, unless I'm mistaken, that EK are better of attacking instead of casting spells (aside from spell slots) is that you only get Extra Attacks if you take the Attack action.

As of yet, we don't know how extra attacks will be implemented. I personally, based on current implementation of Haste Attack and Bonus Action Attacks, think that Extra Attacks will be implemented as extra "action points" which the Fighter will be able to spend on any Actions of their choosing. If my hunch turns out to be correct, this means that the EK's "opportunity loss" from casting an Action-costing spell will be much lower, as they will be able to cast a spell and then use their remaining "action points" to attack, or vice versa.

It probably still won't be more useful than just all out attacking (especially because of spell slots), but it will be more powerful than book EK.

Optimistically Apocalyptic