Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
90% of the player base here doesn't even to give a shit about BG1 and 2; Like this is the third game of the series but we get close to NO DISCUSSIONS on the previous games...Like gameplay stuff that worked and were fun...people talk about/compare to The Witcher...Dragon age...Skyrim...Solasta D&D lol.
They are aware of the legacy and hipe + HEY its a Larian comedy game = yey!
So who cares who Larian calls it for these people.

For those of us who played these Black Isle games when we were in our teens, early 20s...it really feels like a marketing rip off...calling it Baldurs gate 3. Seing the direction the game is going, wish I had not spent the money on EA. I already had my doubts when watched that first demo...and hoped things would turn out more like a Baldurs gate game...

But hey its a great Larian <half baked> D&D game! For sure. And a great tale tale cinematic experience for kids.

My hope is that all this is just because it's EA. I'm still holding out hope that in the end, they DO give us the experience we're hoping for.

I might be disappointed, but what's the flip side? I'm disappointed even if I don't hope for it.

Again, I do love this game. I wouldn't still be out here if I didn't. That said, it could be SO much better IF they took our feedback more to heart.