Originally Posted by etonbears
Originally Posted by Qia
I've deleted the game's voice files just so I wouldn't have to listen to her.

That said i'm curious as to why they went with this type of narration instead of a more normal storyteller approach.

Amelia Tyler is a very capable voice actor, delivering the narration very professionally. Personally, I find her distinctive delivery fits well with the story elements we currently know, but I know reaction to voice and music is quite subjective. I am more disappointed with the Tav voices, which seem to lack variety and colour in the delivery, but I'm sure other players don't feel the same way.

As for why they use this form of narration, I assume it is because they have decided to voice all information delivery that they can, and a narrator cuts down on the number of lines that have to be recorded by all the companion/Tav voice actors to cater for all party combinations.

I would guess that in the full game ,the narrator will also be used as an intermission storyteller, similar to the Infinity Engine games. And as others have suggested, the narrator may also be expressing some aspect of the mental control theme that seems central to the game's story.

We are unlikely to know much more during early access, so we'll have to wait and see.

did you play dos, narrator was great, malady sucks