Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
with that logic, why was it called Baldur's Gate 3 then? Are you trying to pretend that nostalgia didn't play a role in calling this a Baldur's Gate game?
Honestly?

Dont know, dont care ...
I didnt name it. laugh

Ragnarok's stance = "But is it fun?"

And, ya know, I can't totally argue with that. Do I want them to make some changes to make it better? Yes - BUT, at the end of the day, the bottom line is, "Is it fun?"

Not everything from BG1 and 2 was fun.

Example:. I need to long rest before continuing. I literally can't beat the next part if I don't. I long rest. Attacked by random, boring goblins. Easily kill them. Long rest. Interrupted again. Same result. Wash, rinse, repeat three more times. Get fed up. Take 5 minutes to travel back to map location start. Fast travel back to city. Rent room. Finally long rest. Spend 5 minutes going back to where I was. SO not fun.

Example: You have 20 item slots per character. That's it. Constantly playing the item juggle game in order to pick up as many dropped weapons and items as possible. Juggle all the magic bags and arrow containers - and dang how fun was it that you had to micromanage arrows unless you bought the ammo bag of holding. Arrows would take up one of the 20 slots forcing you to juggle everything constantly. Archers couldn't carry spit because arrows took up their entire inventory. Yeah. I'm happy not having to worry about micromanaging arrows and having to decide should I drop arrows so I can pick up another, more valuable, suit of armor just because I only got 20 item slots.

Last edited by GM4Him; 08/02/22 06:08 PM.