There are places in the game where a "safe camp" is logical.
1. Dank Crypt after you open the sealed door. Ability to close the sealed door behind you and make camp in the small hall/room just before the stairs. OR even make safe camp in the Dank Crypt itself below since nothing is moving/living down there.
2. The Grove.
3. Harper camp. On that high hill, it makes sense that you could have a "safe camp" with maybe a 1% chance of a random encounter while resting. Though why you'd need to rest there when the grove is so close, I don't know.
4. Owlbear cave after you've killed the owlbears. Again, why not rest at the grove, I don't know, but it could be a good safe camp because the smell would keep other intruders out.
5. Waukeen's Rest after you've helped save people.
6. Windmill in Moonhaven, top level, because you command an awesome view of the surroundings and could see enemies coming a mile away. So, maybe not 100% no random encounters, but a 3% chance of a random encounter or something similar.
7. Zhent camp.
8. Spaw's Grotto
9. Selunite Outpost in the Underdark
10. Arcane Tower in the Underdark
11. Philomeen's location in Grymforge
12. The forge area in Grymforge because no one knows how to get there
Places like these would make great safe camps or relative safe camps with very low chance of random encounters, if they were to implement random encounters.