Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Originally Posted by CitizenBurns
I may just be ignorant here, but why is the Path of the Totem Warrior named Wildheart? I mean, Wildheart does kind of sound cooler but they've gone by the book for most naming conventions so far, why change now? Random? Sure. But this has burrowed into my brain and I can't get it out.

They homebrewed enough of it to justify a name-change, perhaps at the request of WotC.

I kinda hope they homebrew the Monk Way of the Drunken Master subclass to actually makes use of all the wine laying around

I see it in this way:

As like in Movies made out of books or these times even out of Video games, the Movie is just an interpretation of the original to tell allmost same story but tailored to movie watching. Reading or playing is a totally different thing to experience.
So i dont have a problem seeing Baldurs Gate 3 as an interpretation of Real D&D Rules to make the game more fluid and playable in a way you can better enjoy it.
So its is kind of homebrewing and then some..
As Homebrewing or Tailoring the original to the current project, some things need to have other Names to not Confuse people.
I mean f.e. you talk with your D&D Buddys bout BG3 and then talking to them bout skills how they work and then your buddy permanently interupts you telling you why you are explaining Skills with totally other way of working.
There you see, it makes sense to rename something so the Top RPG Players knowing everything from Rulebook arent offendet and can easily see that something has been altered, but is a vial option just for the PC Gameversion, instead trying to make a Tabletop Version of a said skill too cumbersome in the Game.

Last edited by TheHero; 18/02/22 03:15 PM.