Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by DraigoZarovich
Originally Posted by 1varangian
And Thief isn't supposed to be a DPS monster but a... thief. If Rogue needs such homebrew perhaps it should be Assassin.

Rogue doesn't need Dual wielding to be super powerful, Sneak attack will do that already. They also don't get a fighting style so they lose out on dual wielding benefits. I think the only class that can truly benefit, even at higher levels, is Ranger due to Hunter's Mark going off 3 times with Dual Wielding. A Warlock can also do this with Hexblade, Hex, Pact of the Blade, Thirsting Blade Invocation.
Dual wielding synergizes really well with Sneak Attack though. If only they would fix how SA works in BG3. If you miss with main hand the off-hand gives you a second chance of getting the SA damage in.

BG3 also applies Dex modifier to off-hand damage without the fighting style, unless they fixed that. I last played a Rogue around patch 3 I think, and it was a DPS monster.

True, the only issue is Rogue's cunning action. But then again, since thief gets Two bonus actions now, dual wielding is more viable. But now I fear for the broken Ranger/Rogue build where you will get 4 attacks, 1 sneak attack, and 4 hunters mark.