I'm not sure what to think about these items and Lightning Charges, Reeling, Momentum, Wrath, "when below 50% hp", "when you heal a target", "when you jump", etc. There's so much of it.

It doesn't feel like D&D at all.

It feels like forcing an action RPG skin on top of D&D and we are headed towards more and more item grind with more magic items that now also come as sets. The "Lightning set" items that aren't +1 will be weak soon, so we are probably grinding for the next set right after. The set design itself is cool. It can be an entire quest searching for a set piece. But if switching out gear becomes too frequent it ruins that special thing about sets. They should be legendary items like Helm of Balduran, Cloak of Balduran etc.

I like D&D magic items because they are rare, powerful and as such they have more impact and character. Littering the world with minor magic items with weird conditional properties makes the items less impressive if that makes sense. It starts to feel like Larian are overriding the iconic D&D magic items and their flavor with their own Divinity like preference.

I really hope they would just keep cool at Larian and trust D&D and what makes it great without adding tons of nonsense and "more game" on top of it. It doesn't need that. Less is more.

Last edited by 1varangian; 22/02/22 11:31 AM.