Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
I HATE these items. It feels so un-D&D, action/MMO RPG like. Reminds me of DOS2 pointless random magic items that are everywhere.
Nothing creative,just stats/effect. Play 1 hour <NEXT SET>, 1hour <NEXT SET....>

PLEASE MAKE INTERESTING MAGIC ITEMS THAT WILL LAST AND BE USEFUL THROUGHOUT THE ADVENTURE! That have a HISTORY, that feel RARE, were you need to THINK...Hmmm should i use this super interesting helmet of xxx or this shield of xxx...

I usually see things through negative optics when it comes to BG3 development but more items sounds like a good thing to me. We aren't talking about imba buffs, its mostly +1/+2 on the damage rolls with a few cool ''if this - then that'' effects. We are thrown into a high level adventure as it is, its the end of the world if our company doesn't act on it, it would be weird to engage high level monsters with basic gear. If anything it should make the encounters more fun if they implement unique items on the enemy NPCs.
I agree partially with you, in that the sets should be rare, not the particular items scattered about. The world is inhabited, ofcourse people won't be roaming the hostile wilds with basic weapons.
To acquire a full set of magical items we should go through trials and tribulations, hell and back, you know, an adventure. Not just walking around a random, middle of nowhere location and bumping into a full set along the way. Would be more memorable that way, actually earning your stuff.