Originally Posted by 1varangian
I'm not sure what to think about these items and Lightning Charges, Reeling, Momentum, Wrath, "when below 50% hp", "when you heal a target", "when you jump", etc. There's so much of it.

Yeah, so far I’m with folk saying there are too many, too gimmicky new items … with, in my view, too silly (provisional?) names. Of course I can always choose not to use them, but I don’t like feeling I’m being pushed to build my character(s) or play style round using a specific item set. Though I do like the fact that the sets don’t force you to get all the items to get a benefit and can be mixed and matched to a point. That seems to be building in flexibility for the future, and the possibility of for example getting more powerful items that will still synergise with early items and can be swapped in as your character progresses.

Hopefully this is just a proof of concept and in future releases we’ll see this moderated and balanced, and if Larian are going to take this sort of approach to sets, different sorts of item family that can support a variety of character concepts and play styles.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"