Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Tuco
The tweak I used NEVER involved multiplayer, though? It just involved tweaking a save file variable to allow a larger party.
It's this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/181?tab=description
Also, "changing method" doesn't really fit my needs, since the idea was playing with all the currently available companions in party like I did in the past, not with mute custom droids.
Very glad we can mod a larger party without using MP/player-created characters. If having a bigger party is only possible by using empty-suit created characters, that would be counterproductive and pointless.
For the record I managed to make this work with Patch 7.
Turns out the culprit of my constant crashes was the tool I used to edit the savegames, that needed to be updated at the latest version.

Too bad I realized this just yesterday, after already going through my entire playthrough of Patch 7 with a LAME 4-men party.
"More fun" my hairy ass...

If literally all that's required to increase the party size to 6 (or 8!) is the adjustment of one variable, then it shows Larian is at least testing it out, if not working toward larger parties. I take this as a good sign. Personally, 5 is the sweet spot for me.