Originally Posted by Etruscan
Originally Posted by GM4Him
You know, I just don't understand why they created more work for themselves.

I think the answer is pretty simple; as Swen stated ,their intention was to use the D&D/BG IP to reach a bigger audience and to put their own slant on the BG saga. They could have referenced or even used the source material but they haven't, so we can only assume they no interest in doing so and will continue to do what they are already familiar with. I used to love getting rare items in the original games with the wonderful little bits of background blurb. Even the parchment style interface was a nice touch of immersion. Larian's colour coded weapons just feel like they are from a MMO.

Given Swen's insistence that players want fireworks and explosions, does he also think that a plain +1 weapon or armour is boring? I'd have to hazard a guess at yes.

OMG. Is that people's answer for everything? I'm tired of hearing it.

My point was they had a SLEW of magic items they could use so it could have been easier on them. Instead, they are reinventing the wheel at every turn and often it isn't working.

Look at this list. Tell me these weapons are boring:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Magical_Weapons

Why waste money and time inventing weapons to see if they work when you have so many at your disposal to choose from?

Last edited by GM4Him; 27/02/22 01:02 AM.