Originally Posted by Dace Highlander
Sorry to be a worrier, but we have a studio that doesn't update it's own web page for months at a time, has been in early access/development for well over 2 years, is (optimistically speaking) at the 70% complete phase (Just off the top of my head still need Gnome and Half-orc character races, Paladin, Monk and possibly Bard classes, balancing, bug chasing, implementation of higher level functions which will definitely affect game play, crafting if the original description is to be believed, etc.) What is functioning here right now is appreciated, but how many times can people play thru the same material with a different character? How large will the final game be? I'm appreciative of the effort a major undertaking requires, however (pause) it was Larian's decision to place this out on the market in it's current state. People did pay for it, even with the caveat and knowledge that it was early access. Some may flame me for being somewhat skeptical that the willpower and resources necessary are still available to completing this project. I do not doubt that there are some on the development team who are dedicated to the completion of this project. I also do not doubt that there are executives and accountants who are saying X amount has gone into this project with an unknown budget requirement to complete. We need finished or finishable projects. It just appears that the project is entering the exhaustion phase with a too far completion goal. I hope I'm wrong because I have enjoyed playing what is available.

Hyperbolic.

Its been in EA since October 2020 - less than 2 years. Release is expected to be 2023 Q1 but maybe sooner.

My friend Crosswind is at 1500 hours played. I am at a little over 1000 hours. Multiplayer is amazing. How many hours are you rockin' Mr. Complainy? :P

The work Larian has done is astonishing. They have consistently shown that they prefer to go radio silent and then do an update every 3-4 months with as much new material and information as they feel comfortable providing.

Larian does not promise anything it cannot do and they have never failed to deliver a game. They won't be releasing a game that is a buggy mess. This is not my first rodeo with them. The game will be done when its fully cooked.

Finally, as you seem to be partially aware, the game isn't "on the market" - its in EA. EA is not for everyone.

The problem is you are used to game companies that overpromise, over communicate and then under deliver. Capitalism has ruined gaming. Larian's way is the healthy/normal way to do things.

Blackheifer