Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Seems to me that core of this problem is once again in that your mindset is just set in wrong direction ...

You say: I use this item therefore i have to do *this*.
I say: I do *this* therefore i will be much more effective with this item.

There are no loops to hop through ... if item you get dont suits your playstyle, why not simply use different one?
To achieve this option you obviously need lots of items tho. smile

Originally Posted by etonbears
but I still don't want to be tripping over items that only work on a Thursday afternoon while standing on one leg and wearing pink ...
This on the other hand is more problematic ...
It seems like one of persons who mind even just the existence of something ...

How can you work out with that anyway?
You hope they will be gone i hope they stay in ... the only certainity is that one of us will be dissapointed in the end.
And i would dare to say themat there is no surprise that we both hope hard ot will be the other one. :-/

I'm perfectly happy to have lots of magic items ( you can always sell them ), I just prefer there to be some reasonable justification as to WHY any wizard would have gone to the trouble and expense of actually creating an item, which is not always clear in BG3.

Perhaps Larian can create a back-story in the description for their more unusual magic items...

"The infamous 'Ragnarok Non Sequitur' vowed to be the first master artificer in the history of Faerun to produce only items with unique characteristics."
"His resulting career-spanning works, the so-called 'Non-Fungible Trivialities' ( or NFTs ), were widely hailed as beautiful, highly collectible, while simultaneously being almost entirely useless for any purpose."
"The Temporally-Restricted, Colour-Activated, Unbalanced Winkle-Picker you hold in your hand is one such NFT".

I think I should send that to Swen; he'd probably have it included in patch 8 smile