Originally Posted by etonbears
The Blooded Greataxe, by contrast, is something I consider a questionable magic weapon design. It is purchased from a merchant, it has no background to explain why it exists ( or what influenced it's maker to create it )
I see ...

Well i gues if you are here often enough, you should allready expect me to tell you my opinion on the matter. laugh
And if you are not ... well, suprise then. laugh

I see what you mean, its a little odd to imagine someone creating enchantment and thinking for himself like:
"lets make this activate only after wielder of this artefact will be seriously vounded" ...
That much is indeed true. laugh

Personaly i never thought about it like that i gues. O_o

I mean you see in movies so often so it no longer even surprise you (especialy lately) as Hero gets horrible beating, and then he "catch a second breath" and stand up with new power, even stronger than anyone could possibly imagine. laugh
So i guess i allways seen 50% effects as just empowering this "second breat / adrenaline pump up" thing. laugh

But i gues there is allways some head cannon i can do. laugh

Originally Posted by etonbears
and will be of no use most of the time, as the magic effect only triggers when the weilder has low hit points, which is something most players would seek to avoid. There is probably no "strategy" to use this weapon
Are we talking from roleplay, or game mechanic perspective?

Since theese items really intrigued me ... so i experimented a little. smile
And i have found that they are working only for base HP (read as: Temporary HP seems to be ignored for calculation) ... my first idea was Barbarian ... since he allready have quite a lot of HP ... and while Raging meele damages are halved (Wildheart Bear, almost every damage) ... so i wanted to test how will theese items be effective ...
Also it seemed reasonable to me that the more will Barbarian be injured, the more he will be angry, wich would fuel both his strength and resilience ... yes, just like Hulk. laugh

Then i find out (purely by coincidence) that when you aply some Bonus HP ... like 15 Temporary HP from this gloves ... but probably even from other sources, like Armor of Agathys, or False Life ...
You can easily reach almost your regular amoung of HP ... while keeping bonuses from 50% weapons. smile

My gues for strategy is that this is the way. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown