Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I mean you see in movies so often so it no longer even surprise you (especialy lately) as Hero gets horrible beating, and then he "catch a second breath" and stand up with new power, even stronger than anyone could possibly imagine. laugh
So i guess i allways seen 50% effects as just empowering this "second breat / adrenaline pump up" thing. laugh

But i gues there is allways some head cannon i can do. laugh
I have thousands of books, but no, I haven't watched TV for 30 years, as I found it overwhelmingly ( and increasingly ) a poor use of my time. Similarly for films, I usually only watch them on long-haul flights, on recommendation from a film-buff friend. Typically, his recommendations do not include Marvel/DC stories.

On the other hand, many games have used the "Second Wind" concept ( so many that it probably counts as a trope by now ), but it is usually a discrete, triggered event, not tied to the current value of a character attribute.

But, if any of this helps you head-canon BG3 magic items, then great, I'm happy for you. I would simply prefer the actual explanation to be part of the design process Larian employ, and am suggesting they may like to pay more attention to that process, in the interests of the quality of their product. If this is not something you care about, that is also fine, and I'm sure Larian will note that you don't care.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Since theese items really intrigued me ... so i experimented a little. smile
And i have found that they are working only for base HP (read as: Temporary HP seems to be ignored for calculation) ... my first idea was Barbarian ... since he allready have quite a lot of HP ... and while Raging meele damages are halved (Wildheart Bear, almost every damage) ... so i wanted to test how will theese items be effective ...
Also it seemed reasonable to me that the more will Barbarian be injured, the more he will be angry, wich would fuel both his strength and resilience ... yes, just like Hulk. laugh

Then i find out (purely by coincidence) that when you aply some Bonus HP ... like 15 Temporary HP from this gloves ... but probably even from other sources, like Armor of Agathys, or False Life ...
You can easily reach almost your regular amoung of HP ... while keeping bonuses from 50% weapons. smile

My gues for strategy is that this is the way. laugh

Urmm... additional temporary hitpoints just improve your maximum health. In my opinion, it's still a better strategy to use a higher base damage weapon regardless of health, than try to manage your health pool to get a bonus with a generally inferior weapon. I consider this a marginal use-case, at best, but if that is how you want to play the game, then go for it smile

I could definitely get behind a magic weapon that is limited to, say, barbarian use while raging ( or not raging ), or was part of a set, so required some other item to activate it, or anything really, so long as there were a clear explanation given for the item in-game, and it had a valid use-case.

And, of course, we haven't had any cursed items yet ( I think ). Blooded Greataxe would be a great low-level cursed item if damage was reduced when you were NOT bloodied, but increased while bloodied, picked up from the corpse of, say, a dead barbarian, imbued with the power of a dying curse.

Whatever. Most RPGs are improved by not looking like they are generated from random content.