I gotta say Larian... to have put so much great effort into the artwork, story, voice acting for this game, and then just ruin it with these BASE level gameplay decisions, it's really unbelievable.

I'm sure it's been said here before, but when you get to Grymforge and the fight with Nere, and the battle just turns into a shoving match where whoever pushes the other into the lava first gets to instantly kill them?? Why even use any of the dozens (if not hundreds) of options available to you, which you painstakingly earned and chose over the course of the game, when you can just use one of the base actions available to you from the start of the game to kill the "boss" with one hit?

It really betrays an intellectual laziness that pervades the entire game, all the way down to the CHARACTER SELECTION mechanic (when I click or double click a character, will it select them? zoom to them without selecting them? Do nothing? No way of guessing! Just click a million times and give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome to be sure you can SELECT A GODDAMN CHARACTER!)

It's like the initial decision to not bother trying to make the mechanics of the game anything more than a Divinity clone (turn based, restricted view, et al... I'm guessing, I never actually bothered to play it) ruins all the other great effort by the rest of your team that would almost make this a fantastic, wonderful, and enchanting game otherwise.

Seriously, what the hell??? It's beyond frustrating.