Originally Posted by Araanidim
It's like the initial decision to not bother trying to make the mechanics of the game anything more than a Divinity clone (turn based, restricted view, et al... I'm guessing, I never actually bothered to play it) ruins all the other great effort by the rest of your team that would almost make this a fantastic, wonderful, and enchanting game otherwise.
"Clone" is not accurate, but BG3 does inherit a lot of issues that plagued D:OS2 - to lesser extend as armor mechanic pretty much negated running through surfaces or triggering traps, which I suppose was an issue in itself. Considering how ambitious BG3 I wouldn't accuse of lazyness - sloppyness perhaps. I know it's a game in development, but not having basics nailed out, like moving your characters and managing party feeling smooth and responsive is a very bad sign. From the little I understand of game development (and not all companies develop games same way) that stuff should have been figured out long ago - so probably we will get stuck with what we have.