Originally Posted by Zarna
Originally Posted by AnnaKin89
Unpopular opinion, but shove is a legitimate dnd action. Just because hardly anyone thinks to use it doesn't mean its dumb. The great thing about dnd is that it gives you all these amazing abilities and allows you the freedom to use it however you want. You may not like it, but it doesn't mean its broken.
Shove is a legitimate DnD action. Sacrificing an attack to knock someone prone or push them 5 feet away can be very useful. BG3 Shove is ridiculous and broken. It should not make someone go flying off screen and it should not be a bonus action. It is also not something that can just be ignored like many of the other questionable mechanics in this game, because the enemies consistently use it unless they can't get to you.

I haven't yet encountered being shoved halfway across the room, but yes in that case its not that shove itself is broken, but Larians mechanic is faulty, not that there's any surprise there. Also, good point, I didnt even realize that shove is a bonus action instead of an action. That in itself makes it pretty op.

Thank you for taking the time to actually clarify what was meant rather than shouting at me like I'm dumb. People's brains all work differently.