Originally Posted by GM4Him
No food. No Long rest.

Problem is, food, again, is so easy to come by, especially with druid or ranger and goodberry, that it's again really more of an annoyance, especially at later levels. And in Solasta, the rest areas are again a bit too easy to access. Once you unlock one, you can go back to it at any time.

As far as managing more useless crap, the point is that you DO get so much food already. So, why not use it as a sort of Fast Travel Tax?

I don't know. I'm just trying to come up with SOME sort of discouragement for Fast Travel/Send To Camp/End Day besides random encounters, etc.

I don't know, Max. At the end of the day, there really doesn't seem to be a good solution. They actually tried the whole "Psychological Discouragement" bit by having Shadowheart say, "I'm not sure this is a good idea," and by having characters say, "You'll turn at any moment," or even "You could still turn at any time," bit later on.

I never played with goodberry and always use rations (not sure it's the EN word but I guess you'll understand).
My question was : what happen when you travel /rests without any rations in Solasta ?

That said, we have already suggested good solutions. It just need to be creative and refine them to make them perfect.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/04/22 12:58 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus