Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Demiand Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am into my second playthrough now and my Durge romances Shadowheart as my Tav did before. The romance works obviously but after starting act 3 I suddenly have the dialogue option weve been sharing the beginnings of a romance for a while but we never really pursued it, did we?. If I choose it, she says something like "may be in the next life" but her romance is still there, I can ask for a kiss, the swimming scene triggers and the drow twins see us as a couple. Besides the option to talk about our relationship I have the option to talk about feelings from act 1 I guess. When I played on patch 2 or 3 the romance worked correctly. Now I am scared that in the end the game will think we have no romance and I don't get the Shadowheart talk ending. I've seen some posts about the same issue but noone ever wrote if it impacts the ending?

old hand
old hand
No idea if it impacts the ending, but personally I just wont click on any of those weird dialogue options that shouldnt be there. Because I am worried that it might bug something.

But yeah, ever since patch 3 dropped, Shadowheart's Act 3 romance dialogue options have just been a MESS. It gives you apparently every dialogue option available over the course of the Shadowheart romance (the more casual one, the more serious one, the one where you flirted but it didnt go anywhere, and even one referring to you being a cleric of Selune and her being a cleric of Shar when she is no longer a cleric of Shar, if you did play as a cleric of Selune). This is all regardless of what actually happened.

Im pretty sure that patch 3 messed up the dialogue, because its been broken for some time. Patch 4 messed up her kiss animation.

I find this all pretty frustrating, and Im not happy that her romance dialogue and her kiss animation are deteriorating from what they previously were. So I am just going to wait for a while.

Its all the more frustrating that its been a problem for months and I havent seen any acknowledgment that her act 3 romance dialogue is something they are planning to fix.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 18/11/23 08:57 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Demiand
I am into my second playthrough now and my Durge romances Shadowheart as my Tav did before. The romance works obviously but after starting act 3 I suddenly have the dialogue option weve been sharing the beginnings of a romance for a while but we never really pursued it, did we?. If I choose it, she says something like "may be in the next life" but her romance is still there, I can ask for a kiss, the swimming scene triggers and the drow twins see us as a couple. Besides the option to talk about our relationship I have the option to talk about feelings from act 1 I guess. When I played on patch 2 or 3 the romance worked correctly. Now I am scared that in the end the game will think we have no romance and I don't get the Shadowheart talk ending. I've seen some posts about the same issue but noone ever wrote if it impacts the ending?

I first ran into this one on my last play-through (but never before... and I always romanced SH). I just got the swimming scene with her and those out-of-place dialogue options are still there. She also suddenly reverted back to black hair (on her HEAD...) during the swimming scene, but that's a different story, I suppose.. laugh .

I *think* what I did on my last run was click on that "we had the beginnings of a romance..."-option and I think that made the option vanish in subsequent dialogue-scenes. Not 100% sure that's what did it, but I am sure the faulty options eventually disappeared. It also didn't affect the romantic aspects of the ending for me - I had her free her parents which seems to have made her a lot happier than when she turns them into moonmotes, so I'm pretty sure I got the "correct" romantic outcome, despite having clicked on that "we never hooked up"-line.

I'm guessing this is a similar glitch as the one when Gale suddenly starts to act as if he's in a relationship with Tav (happened during my first two play-throughs for no reason) or Gale berating Tav for taking Raphael's deal when Tav hasn't even visited Raphael in Sharess' Caress yet.

S.

Demiand Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by 1Sascha
Originally Posted by Demiand

I first ran into this one on my last play-through (but never before... and I always romanced SH). I just got the swimming scene with her and those out-of-place dialogue options are still there. She also suddenly reverted back to black hair (on her HEAD...) during the swimming scene, but that's a different story, I suppose.. laugh .

I *think* what I did on my last run was click on that "we had the beginnings of a romance..."-option and I think that made the option vanish in subsequent dialogue-scenes. Not 100% sure that's what did it, but I am sure the faulty options eventually disappeared. It also didn't affect the romantic aspects of the ending for me - I had her free her parents which seems to have made her a lot happier than when she turns them into moonmotes, so I'm pretty sure I got the "correct" romantic outcome, despite having clicked on that "we never hooked up"-line.

I'm guessing this is a similar glitch as the one when Gale suddenly starts to act as if he's in a relationship with Tav (happened during my first two play-throughs for no reason) or Gale berating Tav for taking Raphael's deal when Tav hasn't even visited Raphael in Sharess' Caress yet.

S.
You can fix the hair colour bug by saving and reloading the game during the scene if it matters for you. Thanks for the information that this option has no impact, I just want to get the ending where you and Shadowheart find yourself in the tavern and speak about the future together. Will probably be the perfect ending for a good Durge. I think the only big bug I had during my Tav playthrough was that Orin never showed up at my camp but the game managed it to show me that one of the companions (Laezel) was abducted in a different way and the cat girl simply disappeared without any explanation. And now I experience one bug after another. If you completely dive into the story the bugs kinda mess it up. I hope they gonna fix everything and I will turn off the auto-update at Steam haha

Last edited by Demiand; 19/11/23 12:44 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard