Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
GM4Him, I just want to re-iterate what mrfuji3 said in the previous thread, that is to say, be careful about being overly specific.

I'll restate what I have already expressed elsewhere, and still firmly believe in :

• Feedback is not design. The designers and developers make the game. We give our opinion on it.

I highly doubt that, if there were willing to change a game feature (e.g. No Day/Night Cycle, Schrödinger Resting Camp that is findable-in-the-world yet in a secure pocket plane, Freely Usable Long Rests, etc), the devs would comb through the mass of variants that some players have brainstormed and say "oh yeah, that one is a good idea, let's implement it this way".

• Good feedback is about what we players like/dislike in the current version of the game. And ideally an explanation of why something does not work.

Whether this it an explanation of why a design choice is demonstrably bad, or an explanation of why it does not resonate with you.

Currently, the poll mixes "are you fine with No Day/Night Cycle or do you feel like there should be a Day/Night Cycle ?" with "how would you implement a Day/Night cycle ?".

In my view, the only valuable information from this poll is the number of people who voted 1 versus number of people who voted something else. If some Larian devs was to look at this, or someone collecting the forum feedback for Larian was to process this before passing it on, they would have to tally up the results for answer 2 to 5. That's extra work and, still in my view, we should keep feedback simple and easy to process.

Also, for players who want to contribute, you are making us read through 5 detailed options ... again, that's extra work. Keep it simple.
Also, what if someone is very close to your option 2, but disagrees with the "1 second of playing the game = 1 second in the game world" ? What should they choose ?
Personally, I voted for an option at random between 2 and 5.

Meh. Whatever. To me it's 6 of 1 or half a dozen of another.

I COULD do a poll that says:

"Day/Night? or No Day/Night." 30 people reply. 10 want No Day/Night. 20 want Day/Night. But out of the 20 that want Day/Night, there are 50 responses of people saying, "I want Day/Night but I want realtime clock with it," and "I want Day/Night but I just want it to be with a button so I have full control," or "I want Day/NIght because..." Either way, Larian has to read the 50 responses to see what the tweaks are to the Day/Night cycle. People are still going to suggest how they think it should be implemented.

I mean, I thought the idea of these forums WAS to suggest how we'd like to see the game function. I'd like to see the game function in a way where Long Rests are 2 per 24 hours, 2 short rests per long rest, and each time you use Long Rest you transition from Day to Night or Night to Day. That's my personal preference. I could just put that suggestion out there (which I have), and there'd be no poll to determine how many people would prefer this approach versus a different one.

Frankly, I'm tired of the endless debating on how these things should function. People going back and forth endlessly saying the same thing with no one really sure how many people are in favor of what? I'm interested to see how many people are in favor of what. I tried to come up with 5 different options that I thought would cover most bases. Pick the one that fits more closely to the one you want and then give a suggestion in the thread as to what you would make differently about that option. At least this gives us more of an idea of who likes what options. Right?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me.