Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
If combats are not challenging + you can freely rest between them yes, it excise all challenge of a dungeon.
Nope, Icelyn is right ...
*It* doesnt excise anything ... you do.

Thats the beauty of curent state.
If dungeon is set to be too challenging people get frustrated.
If dungeon is set to be not challenging enough people get frustrated.
But when you hold the tools, its allways exactly as challenging as you make it.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/w3d2XBmdy7vH1goa7[/img]

I've finally found the right words to voice why I actualyl don't like this argument. It feels like too much of a coppout on the part of the devs. It's putting the onus on the players and saying that if players don't enjoy the game, it's their fault for not playing the right way, absolving the creators of responsibility. Especially since loads of other games make concrete choices and establish limitations regarding the stuff mentioned, like fast travel and resting, and it works out fine for them and creates a satisfactory experience. And not only that, but I feel as though that isn't even what Larian is going for anyway. If they were to come out and say "hey, we want to make things as free and loose as possible so that players can regulate their own play experience" then sure. I'm not sure if it's a good choice, but it's at least a choice, a creative decision that can be judged on its own merits. But short of that, especially since this is a still developing game, why should we think that's what they're going for when it's not an approach that is at all typical of game design? Why should we assume Larian is trying for some unique, avant garde approach rather than assuming they're attempting a far more common approach, one which was also taken with the other two games of the franchise?