I think I get what ou mean, Planescapist. It feels as though Larian isn't really trying to build hype for the game, either with those who bought the EA or those who haven't. It could just be that our opinions are skewed because we're interacting with the game regularly, when in reality this is that phase in every game's development when things are quiet and they're not doing much to market it. However I do feel like they could do a lot more to build up investment. I remember when Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous was doing its kickstarter, they released loads of lore throughout the campaign, talking about classes, races, the lore of the world and the companions. They had a bunch of things going on even after the kickstarter to build hype for quite a while. They would tweet, they had streams of the prior game, etc. Larian could do stuff like that to build hype. I would love getting some lore of Faerun articles, bits of history, stuff that they can just pluck from old material and put out with relatively little effort that can entice people into being interested.

I don't know how much is truly realistic to expect from Larian, but I will say that that they haven't maintained a healthy relationship with the we who have decided to give them feedback. And I do think at this stage they really should have more concrete info to give. We know that they said back at the start that they're aiming to get all the player's handbook material into the game, and I do believe they'll manage that, but by now we should have gotten confirmation. And even if they're not going to tell us who they are or introduce them in EA, they should be able to tell us how many companions we're going to have available. Surely if they think they're going to release the game next year, they have to have that much info settled. Even if they haven't impleneted stuff, they should be at a stage where they're certain on what they can actually do. Especially since those aspects would need a good amount of planning ahead of time. I would imagine that number of companions and choice of classes are things that should have been settled long ago.