Originally Posted by GM4Him
Everything else aside... Party of four players. Doesn't matter who you go with. There are five current origin characters and they have said there will be more. Therefore, with a Max party size of four, you will never have the ability to go on any other companion side quests when you are playing the game with three other players.

If one of you is not Wyll, then even meeting him in the game is pointless because you can't do any of his side quest story lines. Doesn't matter if you ever run into his little devil mistress at any point in the game, you're stuck because you didn't pick him as one of your four player characters.

But with a Party Max size of six, you can at least switch out one of the two extras that you have in the party and make sure he is one of them so that you can do his side quests.

Likewise, if you play a party of 4 customs, you can literally have NO origin characters in the party, thus you are unable to do ANY side quests belonging to them.

So, party of 4 locks players out of content. Party of 6 does not.

Yeah I can see what you mean.

The same problem appears if you have 6 players playing together though. So again it doesn't solve the problem entirely(it definitely adresses it to some extent ngl). Having some of those characters not controlled by players despite playing in coop and still having their things to say+their quests. Only Larian knows how often people play with 4 players coop though. Is it actually a thing? I guess it is.

To be honest I think we simply can't have it both ways? Like...either you have you+ a friend on custom characters + a party of NPC's roleplaying being a party or you have a lobby full of custom characters manned by players. Arguably you can have a coop playthrough and a seperate solo playthrough.

Just for this aspect alone( having multiple points of view collide with each other) party of 6 would be nice. That's definitely one of the things missing from the older BG's too. You could have 1 character commenting on one of your choices and a 2nd one disagreeing with it to the point of attempting to murder one of your own team members. The more the merrier in this case.

Fun fact in the example I provided in the previous post Larian actually proved they already had this exact same conversation and their implementation of origin characters in DOS:2 is a way to adress this exact issue. " Party members should disagree over something sooner or later. Players playing together won't sabotage each other by instinct. Unless...they have a reason.Their origin character story". So they already tried to give us tools to roleplay those situations in game (assuming you play one of the origins characters. In DOS:2 you could fully customize their class and appearance so there was theoratically no reason not to play one).

I think the entire "6 players party" makes way more sense if you place it in single player context tbh.
It does create a bit more space for custom characters(And...ngl, despite my 2 last posts I actually prefer playing custom characters lol) if you play with a lower amount of people too while leaving space for more origin characters so in this sense it adresses multiplayer too but question remains do most people play alone/ in small parties or do they actually go for full lobbies? God knows, Larian knows.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.