Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Time isn't really getting that short though. It's still 6 months to the earliest possible release date from the current expectation assessment. It could easily be 9 months away, or they could shift the release date goalposts again.

If I were them, I'd keep those rounds in the chamber for as long as possible. On the one hand, to space out the fresh meat for the EA players, and on the other, if the game releases a little early, there could be one class that no one has touched.

I will say that if the game comes out in the second half of 2023 that Larian significantly underestimated the scope of the project that they undertook not just once, but multiple times. Either that or they will do it to dodge competition with Starfield, Cyberpunk 2077 expansion, Hogwart's Legacy and some other early 2023 games.

The length of time in Early Access is already starting to feel a bit excessive, but pushing it to nearly three years would be pretty crazy.

That being said I agree with them needing to keep the 'rounds in the chamber' and I think it is a very real possibility the game does come out later in 2023.