Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Like if you're out of potions
I see ...
This never happened to me. laugh

Actualy i usualy stash 20-50 potions in camp for "later use" to save some weight. laugh

---

Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Me. I'd be okay with this.
I understand.
Cant see i agree ... since Larian dont have this luxury in my opinion ... but i understand.

Evidence for why Larian's method of doing it is horribly inefficient.
That sounds a little harsh ...
Its inefficient just bcs we want to implement there something they never count with, i believe that should be taken under concideration. smile

They should be expected to fix these types of problems.
Im not claiming that im some überprogramator ... but i cant quite imagine how would you like to fix it. O_o

Also, we can talk to NPCs (taking us into cutscenes) and NPCs move around in the world, changing their surroundings. This should be the same principle, no?
Sadly ... no. frown Or at least not exactly.
Those NPCs we are talking to are moving on their stage, their conversations are created specificaly for the place where they are.

Imagine for example Gale and his Weave chanelling scene ...
In 1:50 cca ... Gale get around our protagonist behind her back ...
If he would try the same move just 5 metters to the right, he would walk litteraly through Wyll and his tent ...
Same goes for outside world unless whole space where Gale is moving during the exactly same scene is empty, he would simply walk through ... no matter if that would be rock, wall, or some living creature. laugh

You see unless something seriously changed since the last time i cared about modeling, we can see textures, but they dont exist in virtual space UNLESS characters are specificaly told they do (those are usualy just interactive objects, for saving processing power) ..
And i dare to believe this is the case in BG-3 since if you are using 6 party mod ... your characters are in many scenes standing in each other (litteraly).

For Astarion's mirror scene, it seems like Larian could just copy-paste the character models into whatever background scenery is nearby?
Well, yes and no ... changing background scenery certainly isnt any big problem.

Close objects is mostly what cause problems ...
He can start the scene with hand stuck into wall ... or with a branch growing through his head ... or with some other npc inside of him. laugh
That kind of stuff. smile

That is the reason why most characters you are allowed to talk "in the wilderness" dont actualy move a lot, and usualy dont even use any big gestures.
And that is rule in most games (at least those i know).

If you would really demand to copy this scene to "anywhere in the world" it would only work as it does with minicamp ... once the scene would start, you and the companion you are talking to would be "moved" to the stage prepared (hopefully nearby enough) and the scene would be happening on the stage.
Sadly, bcs Larian decided to focus on cinematic conversations so much as they do ... it would also mean re-create the same scene for every single possible stage in the world. :-/

Sure, some cutscenes as currently written are required to be at base camp during night. But others aren't. And cutscenes that haven't yet been made certainly don't have those restrictions.
Well i was more focused on the technical aspect ...
Story reasons should be quite obvious in my opinion. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 13/06/22 03:30 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown