Originally Posted by Kowabonga
In fact, I like both. My problem is more that I'm not really fond of Larian battle system especially when a lot of mobs are involved. For example I liked the hag or the spider matriarch encounter munch more. If I could improve Nere's fight, I'd probably choose to decrease stats of most of the duerguars and improve that of Nere and the two duerguar leaders to quickly lead players to a situation where they only have to fight 3 more difficult ennemies.

I digress. I want the game to have all kinds of encounters, large battles, small focused ones, single boss fights - you name it. Otherwise some spells and mechanics will be much less needed, Like a quickened spelled dual Shatter. If a single one kills them all then there's no point for that. A lot of battles maybe seem diffuclt the first time, but as you play through the game more they become easy. Also straight forward battles shouldn't always be the given solution. In this case the Nere fight can be made really easy if you make the right dialogue choices. You choose the worst choice from a combat perspective and then you want it changed? Change the way you ineteract in dialogues instead. If you have a chance to get an ally and turn it down, it is your own choice to make it harder than it needs to be.

Don't forget that whe game's out you will most likely be level 5 in that encounter as well. It will make it so much easier (unfortunately, as I like the challenge).

Last edited by Cantila; 17/06/22 12:01 PM.