Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Man did this BG3 character creator get old fast.
I really hope we get more body/face variations...since we obviously can't use custom portraits.

Man. I couldn't agree less. I mean, I'd like more body types and such, don't get me wrong, but compare character creation in BG3 to Solasta or even Pathfinder...

At least in WotR, they let me upload my own portraits. That was fun. But Kingmaker... Ugh. That, for me, was the worst part. I can't stand avatars that don't match their portraits, and many cRPGs do that including BG1 and 2. I feel like I'm stuck creating only a select group of characters because I have to pick a portrait.

At least for BG3, I have LOTS of choices for how my character looks, and they look pretty dang good. Could be better in various ways - like more elvish elves and bigger body types - but WAY better than a lot of games.

BG3 character creation is one of my favorite parts. I sometimes create characters for tabletop using BG3 just to give my characters a good looking image making them how I want them to look instead of hunting the internet for a portrait that kinda sorta matches my character look. Player characters too.

Last edited by GM4Him; 02/07/22 09:00 AM.