Originally Posted by GM4Him
At least for BG3, I have LOTS of choices for how my character looks, and they look pretty dang good.

I do not think I will ever understand or even remotely comprehend how anyone could ever think to praise the BG3 character creator, in any way... I really just do not understand what positive merit anyone is seeing in it.

It's flat, bland, boring, samish, incredibly limited in options and poorly set out to boot. There is virtually no creativity or variation possible, beyond picking sex and voice, you choose all of three thing in order to make your character. I just do not get, at all, what anyone sees ini this absolute flaming pile of garbage of a character creator.

- You chose your sex
- You choose one of two voices, both of which are incredibly similar and bland.
- You choose on of 5-6 heads, four of which are incredibly similar too each other, and again, all with more or less similar features.
- You choose a hair, from the most archaic and user-unfriendly selection method possible; there's about 20, most of which have a very similar 'feel' to them.
- You choose eye and skin colour from fairly limited palettes with no ability to customise at all, beyond the pick boxes they give you.
- If you don't want a tattoo on your face, you skip the next step
- If you don't want ridiculous eye makeup, you skip that too.

-= And that's freaking it =-

This is not a character creator worth being called as such, and the 'show you or character' threads reams and reams of same-face same-character pictures is an excellent visual tool for demonstrating this.

I'm going to go ahead and say it; Solasta's character creator, as limited and restricted as it is, is still a better character creator than BBG3's! It's not as pretty, sure, but in terms of a character creator tool, it's better! Not by much - it's pretty atrocious too, don't get me wrong - but BG3's is worse, especially considering the visual quality that BG3 is trying to portray.

NWN2's character creator was more sophisticated than bg3's character creator, is currently, for crying out loud.