Originally Posted by machinus
Originally Posted by Niara
I do not think I will ever understand or even remotely comprehend how anyone could ever think to praise the BG3 character creator, in any way... I really just do not understand what positive merit anyone is seeing in it.

It's flat, bland, boring, samish, incredibly limited in options and poorly set out to boot. There is virtually no creativity or variation possible, beyond picking sex and voice, you choose all of three thing in order to make your character. I just do not get, at all, what anyone sees ini this absolute flaming pile of garbage of a character creator.

The physical appearance of my character does not matter very much, but I agree that BG3 does not provide enjoyable character customization. The best parts of character creation are alignment, background, quest, identity, etc., which are what matter in D&D and are really the point of the game. The character's appearance should be consistent with those, and allow you to be unique. Larian wants to force you to play their characters, and invests huge development time into their drama, but leaves little fun for real fans who want to be someone else. So, in a way, the barebones appearance options match the shallowness and irrelevance of custom characters in this game.

+1