Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I gues this is as good topic as any to mention this ...
I was just recently thinking about popular auto/ask/off suggestion ... and while i suported it in the past a lot ... i may have find a tiny detal that can potentialy make quite some mess. :-/

I mean, if it would be universal setting ... and all reactions would be either auto, or asking ... then there is no problem.

But once you set every reaction separately, there is no way to set some on auto, and some to ask ...
Since (and feel free to corect me if im wrong) it would quite suck if you would have Counterspell set on ask ... bcs you dont want to spend your spellslots willy-nilly ... but you cant cast it, when you wanted bcs some enemy allready triggered AOO on your caster, and therefore you have no reaction anymore. O_o

Thoughts?
There's no problem here in my opinion. You decided to set AOO to "auto" or "ask" and said yes, using up your reaction for that turn. If you wanted to ensure that your wizard would have the opportunity to cast Counterspell, then you should have either set AOO to "ask" and said no, or set it to "off." (As a caster, you probably almost always want to have AOO set to "off.")

Last edited by mrfuji3; 17/07/22 04:36 PM. Reason: Let me know if, and how, I'm misunderstanding your point. I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're saying...