Originally Posted by GM4Him
Frankly, I'm all for the presets if the scripts were smart enough. It sure would make the combat smooth and fast. My fear, though, is that the scripts would be just as terrible as like Neverwinter Nights 2 or the previous BG games. I had to play around with those stupid RtwP scripts all the time trying to get them to work well with my team. I'm afraid this would be similar.

But, the option to trigger popups or turn on presets means that on baby fights where reactions don't matter as much, I can turn on the basic scripts and not have tons of popups. However, if serious fight, like 3 mage's, I could turn on popups for more control. It's at least something.

I think switching them should be at the Reaction level. That way, I can turn on presets for something like a Rogue's Uncanny Dodge but turn on popups for Counterspell. I might turn off Gale's AOO but have 3 spell reactions with presets and 1 spell reaction set to prompt.

Yeah, that's why I have them split up the way I do, along with a quick way to override most custom options if you need total control or total automation. This is also designed under the assumption that the pop-up prompts are the default option rather than automating everything. But I guess there should be options to manage them on a per reaction level rather than grouping them into different categories if people want to be more specific.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 23/07/22 05:37 AM.