Originally Posted by The Composer
The main reason I prefer 4, is the fact that I would prefer to play as many characters as I would in tabletop: One.

I doubt many would agree with me, but I'd actually prefer a cRPG with one controllable protagonist per player (multiplayer) and rest being fully AI controlled NPCs. I don't play four characters at the same in D&D, let alone six. So realistically I'm indifferent past that initial preference 😂 It'd actually also increase my interest in companions as companions, because anything I personally control, I consider to be *my* character, not a companion. So by having control over multiple characters, it actually lowers the value I put in them as companions.

I'm weird.
This makes perfect sense to me, and also is why I greatly prefer real time or RTwP over TB. Much more fluid having a party that is capable of doing their own thing and they feel less like board game pieces and more like actual companions. I can actually rp my character then and not babysit. In games I have played with 6 companions, I find myself micromanaging only one or two after the initial combat setup because 6 becomes really tedious. I could use less companions but always feel obligated to bring a full party for the story.

Curious, have you tried to play this game solo yet? I did a few updates ago and had a lot of fun. Going to try again with Grymforge, never did that part solo.

Originally Posted by Staden
The game does allow you to play with a one man party. It might even be a fun run, but we who want to play with a larger party must use mods that doesn't work as well. You've got an interesting take composer, but I disagree with you. Maybe an optional game mode where the AI controls your companions would be to your liking, however I doubt it would ever be used by a significant number of players.
I would be happy if the people who want it get an option to play with more but not at the expense of fixing other thing first. This is not intended to be an offensive statement, we all have different priorities for things to be fixed/changed.

Last edited by Zarna; 23/07/22 02:28 PM.