Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
You have a point about Gale. I'm not too fussed about his whole situation honestly.

How much people would recognize the armor and such is up in the air, granted. Your point about her romance is interesting too.

The issue with Lae'zel is that the writers didn't have to make her so vehemently single-minded. Suspension of disbelief is something I support, and I find the Lae'zel issue to be a more forgiveable example, but it just feels like an example of the writers prioritizing "coolness" over party/gameplay synergy.

And with Astarion, just because something is interesting doesn't mean it's actually good. The movie Cats is very interesting, but there is much debate about its goodness. I don't think it does a good job of introducing his character, or at least, it fails to really make him an appealing addition to the party. And when he's the only rogue available, a particularly important character archetype, that's not good.

I understand how Laezel gets annoying. I tend to agree. I want her on the team, but sometimes I don't like suffering her attitude.

With Astarion, I can also see the issue people have with his introduction.

Personally, I think it would go a long way to give him disadvantage on his stealth roll against the PC. His armor gives disadvantage anyway, right?

But it's clear the game isn't giving him disadvantage because Tav so often fails the check to notice him.

His scene doesn't play out half as bad when Tav notices him. It's only when they end up on the ground with the dagger to the throat that it gets real questionable. In my opinion, that is.