Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by JandK
Just looks like an excuse to bitch about something to me.
Of course it does, because you are you and self-awareness is not really your big thing.

From when you joined this forum you have done nothing but belittle, dismiss and scoff at people for having unfavorable opinions about aspects of the game, in a fairly misguided attempt to play the role of Larian's police.
How is that not "bitching" in itself is not really clear.

That aside, as some have already pointed to you several times, it shouldn't be the player's task to apply self-restrain from using the most optimal solution to come on top of a fight (i.e. "No, I think I'll let this companion die, otherwise it's too easy to save him").
It should be the job of a designer to notice the holes in the system and patch them out.

In this case, for instance, a simple and effective solution would be to limit how much you can "help" a character getting up (i.e. three times) before the next one becomes an instant kill ("accumulation of injuries").

How is it substantially different from: "The game allows six character, but only use four if you only want four."

In a million ways.
For one, one is leveraging a mechanical exploit that could be easily solved, the other is deliberately choosing with what (and how many) companion you want to go through your adventure. Maybe even solo.

You say it's different in a million ways. I say it's different in one. In that you don't like one option, but you do like the other.

After all, it "shouldn't be the player's task to self-restrain" down to four players instead of six when the "most optimal" approach to combat is using six characters.

As for your insight into self-awareness, I'm afraid I'm not impressed with an argument that says "complaining about complaining is complaining, so hah!" That said, I would ask--again--that you try to have a conversation without slinging personal attacks about people's memory or self-awareness or whatever other insult that translates to "they disagree with you."

Thank you.